Sunday, April 29, 2012

"Mini-course" for STEM teachers

This is our final project and it has many components.  I created a mini-course using Web 2.0 tools in Math and Science classrooms.  My basis for creating a course for this subject is that the topic of STEM education is being pushed by the Obama administration in order to ensure that our students do not lag behind the rest of the world in these important skills. I used the Bundles seciton of My Big Campus to create the course.  As an incentive for the teachers, they will earn Badges that can be used for Industry cetification, plus 5 PGPs towards license renewal.

I used the Badge concept that an applicant to the Digital Media and Learning Competition suggested http://dmlcompetition.net/Competition/4/badges-projects.php?id=2938.  This was supposed to be in collaboration with Mozilla.
I also created collage of tools and resources, using Symbaloo EDU, 
http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/web20tools-resources, for the teachers who attend this course.  They can use this resource to access educational magazines, blogs, or tools. They can add their own as they grow in their professional development. 

Finally, I created a new page in my blog to advertise my course and share the link to it from My Big Campus. The organization that I created to host this course is named MTI STEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment